Kathy Ornish, owner and director, BS, MFA, E-RYT 500, c-IAYT
“…a clear and peaceful mind is the ground for joyful living.” Swami Rama
Kathy Ornish (K.O.), owner and director of Good Space Yoga, was exposed at a young age to yoga through her family’s close association with Swami Satchidananda, the founder of Integral Yoga. She is deeply thankful to her teachers who have guided her, both as a practitioner and as a teacher, on her journey to convey the incredible breadth and beauty of Yoga. Using a broad array of the tools of yoga, her teaching incorporates a mindful approach to all aspects of the practice.
K.O. is a certified Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist through Gary Kraftsow’s American Viniyoga Institute (accredited Yoga Therapy program by the International Association of Yoga Therapists I.A.Y.T.) and a Certified Yoga Therapist by the International Association of Yoga Therapists. Viniyoga evolved out of the teachings transmitted by T. Krishnamacharya and T.K.V. Desikachar of Madras, India. It is a style of yoga that emphasizes the appropriate application of the many tools of yoga (asana, pranayama, meditation, relaxation, chanting, mudras, bandhas, ritual, etc.) and adapts them to meet the unique condition and need of the individual. Kraftsow is considered an internationally respected Yoga Therapist and teacher. She also studies with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Spiritual Head of the Himalayan Institute and successor to Swami Rama.
K.O. also studied and trained with Rod Stryker, and was given the honor of Acharya (one who knows and conveys the teachings). Formerly, she also studied Iyengar Yoga (which emphasizes alignment in the poses) for 7 years with Ruth Fisk, and completed the beginner teacher training with Aadil Palkhivala.
This 5000 year old tradition remains an extraordinary transformative tool, and K.O.s hope is that she can help you achieve your highest potential (physically, emotionally, intellectually, and spiritually) by using all the methods of yoga.
Offering group classes, private yoga therapy, and local and national workshops, K.O. is honored to help you get a glimpse into the best that you already are!
- Teacher of Yoga since 2000 and Yoga Therapist since 2007
- Certified (c-IAYT) Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapy (I.A.Y.T.)
- Certified Viniyoga Therapist – 500 hour program with Gary Kraftsow’s American Viniyoga Institute, an accredited yoga therapy program through I.A.Y.T.
- Certified Viniyoga Teacher – 500 hour program with Gary Kraftsow’s American Viniyoga Institute
- Certified Para Yoga Teacher – 500 hour program with Rod Stryker’s Para Yoga
- Registered with the Yoga Alliance at the E-RYT 500 level (has a 500 hr training plus at least 2,000 hours of teaching experience since completing training)
- Master of Fine Arts from San Diego State University
- Bachelor of Science from the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Yoga Teacher since 2000
- Yoga Therapist since 2007
- Owner and Director of Good Space Yoga since 2010
- Special Faculty, 2014-present, Viniyoga Foundations Program for Teaching and Yoga Therapy, East and West Coast
- Faculty, Viniyoga Foundations Program for Teaching and Yoga Therapy East Coast, 2012-2014
- Faculty, Foundations for Yoga Therapy training at the American Viniyoga Institute, 2009-2001
- Teacher Training Assistant, Para Yoga Teacher Training 2002-2004
- Faculty, Himalayan Institute in Honesdale, PA, 2009-present
- Consultant at the Preventive Medicine Research Institute
- Professor of Sculpture and Ceramics for 10 years
To contact K.O. call 517.927.3327 or email K.O.
Donna Cervelli, RYT 200
Donna, RYT 200, has been practicing and studying with Viniyoga Teacher and Therapist, Kathy Ornish (KO), founder of Good Space Yoga, for over 12 years. She continues to study under guidance from KO and has been teaching locally since 2010. She received her 300 Advanced Viniyoga Studies – Viniyoga Foundations Program Certification from the American Viniyoga Institute in 2015. She also completed her 200 hour yoga teacher certification from Sangha Yoga under the guidance of Karina Ayn Mirsky.
Donna holds a bachelors degree in civil engineering, and has worked as a Professional Engineer with the State’s Department of Environmental Quality since 2000.
To contact Donna call 517-899-8820 or email Donna